Sunday, July 29, 2007

Trust

Who can i trust and who can i not trust??
What r the things that i can trust from the people that i trust? Is there a difference between trust and believe? How do i choose who to trust?

I've got so many questions in mind lately. I think my philosophy class is driving me crazy. I'm a person who trust what people say. Therefore when someone tell me something, the first thing that come thru my mind is believe. I won't doubt. But philisophy class is so different to my bio class!!!(duh!!) I need to think things thru . I'm current;y studying about aubrey de grey's SENS. All i know is i totally disagree with his idea but i've realized that i need to be rational so that during exam i'll be able to list out the pros n cons. But right now i'm too extreme that i can't think of a single advantage about SENS.

Anyway, my class has nothing to do with trust. I've been thru some struggles lately about trust. Have been talking to a few friends lately n i've found out that most smart people r sceptical. For example, they'll evaluate what people say n doubt first. But i don't normally evaluate n doubt. I'm not dumb am i?? anyway, i've always tot that i should be fully supportive with church- the activities, pastor's preaching etc. And by being supportive i've never question what my pastor preached. I've even came to a very dangerous state that i can't differentiate right from wrong when someone comes to me n starts to say things like God wants us/ u to do this or that. I don't know if those ppl r being true that things r really from God or just a feeling. So how do i know if i should follow??? i guess i'll have to pray n ask God.

2 comments:

Jarod Yong said...

Ask God for something that he gives freely... wisdom.
Oh, and while you're at it... ask for discrenment too...

I believe that faith is a union of mind & heart in what is hoped for.
The heart believes & feuls the spirit/soul but only when your mind accepts it will you actions reflect your faith.
A good way to help your mind get in tune with your heart is to question what has been put in your heart. With God's word & speaking to God.

Another reason to question is to prepare an answer for the light that is within us.
If we dont question ourselves first, what will happen when others question us?

=D

LaiNe said...

Heys, don't worry too much. I'm in the same boat as you most of the time. Trust isn't such a bad thing if not what will the world be without it. My advice is, we just need to learn from our mistakes and try not to do it again.